Name: Charles Peckham Day
Birthday: February 9, 1976 (46 years old)
Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA
Ethnicity: Irish, Italian, English, Welsh
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Alma Mater: Merrimack College
Bio coming soon.
- Charlie has only one sibling, an older sister named Alice.
- Charlie's family's original surname was "Del Giorno," which was changed to "Day".
- Growing up, some of Charlie's nicknames included "Charlie Trombone" and "Chuck Hustle."
- In eighth grade, Charlie was voted "Funniest," then in high school, he was voted "Thinks He's the Funniest."
- Charlie played hockey in high school.
- Charlie is allergic to penicillin.
- Charlie was born in New York City, but grew up in Middletown, Rhode Island. He currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
- Charlie gave a commencement speech at his alma mater, Merrimack College, in 2014, the year he was awarded an honorary doctorate in performing arts.
- A few years prior to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Charlie and fellow Sunny co-creator Rob McElhenney were both in the movie Campfire Stories.
- Charlie used to be roommates with Jimmi Simpson, who guest-stars on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia as Liam McPoyle.
- Around the time Charlie, Rob [McElhenney], and Glenn [Howerton] were beginning to develop It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Charlie was offered a role on a big network show called Life on a Stick. He, however, did not take the job. The show was then cancelled after only a few episodes aired.
- Charlie's wife is actress Mary Elizabeth Ellis, who plays his character's love interest, The Waitress, on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. They met in December 2001 and married on March 4, 2006.
- Charlie and Mary Elizabeth have one child together, a son named Russell Wallace Day, who was born in 2011.
- Charlie and his family currently have two dogs: Bruno and Trooper.
- Guillermo del Toro cast Charlie in Pacific Rim after seeing Charlie's performance in the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 6 episode "Charlie Kelly: King of the Rats."
- Charlie has stated though he sometimes leans democrat (and would not label himself one), he is generally against politics.
- Religiously, Charlie has stated he is agnostic.
Charles - From the Germanic name Karl, which was derived from a Germanic word meaning "man." However, an alternative theory states that it is derived from the common Germanic name element hari meaning "army, warrior."
Peckham - From the location Peckham in Kent, England, which means "homestead by a peak or hill."
Day - The English translation of the original Italian surname "Del Giorno."